Here’s a side dish with a refreshing mix of flavors and just a little bit of heat. While similar to our Melon Pineapple Salsa, we’ll skip the vinegar and olive oil this time around to leave things a touch sweeter than before. We’re also going to forgo the minced texture in favor of a bit more rustic finished product.
- 2 large mangoes, very ripe, cubed into roughly 1/2″ cubes
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 6~8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced with seeds and white membrane removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- juice of 1 lime, including the pulp
Chop all of the veggies and mango and add to a bowl large enough to hold everything (and leave a little room for mixing). Mince the jalapeño and add in, as well as the cilantro. Juice the lime and pour over the top, making sure to get the pulp in there too.
Mix everything well and you’re done! You can eat it right away, or put it in the fridge for a few hours to really let the flavors blend (plus it’s really good when cold). If you want a bit smaller texture, you can pulse in a food processor, but I prefer to keep this on the chunky side. Enjoy!