So after that big Thanksgiving feast and maybe spending most of your evening before the big day in the kitchen and then the day of preparing and cleaning up, how about something easy for Friday that you can throw into the crockpot? You can hit Black Friday with a vengeance and not have to worry about dinner when you get back with your coveted items as it will be ready to go right to the table. Or, if you are like me, maybe you just want to rest the day after and take it easy. Whatever your tradition, this is sure to be a delicious and quick meal.
- One beef roast (preferably grassfed), about 3 lbs
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb potatoes (we used some fingerling potatoes from our CSA), peeled and sliced¹
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, rosemary, sage, and black pepper
I just have to say that I love how the inside of the red carrots are orange… it’s the little things 🙂 . The fingerlings are hard to peel so I gave up, but if you have regular potatoes, make sure to peel them.
Put about a half cup of water into the bottom of the crockpot. Set in the roast and put the veggies in along with the onion and garlic. Sprinkle in the spices and turn on your crockpot for your preferred cooking time. Low is about 8 hours, high is about 4 to 6 hours. This picture doesn’t really do it justice (I hate it when that happens). It looked and tasted delicious! Enjoy!