This is my favorite cheat. I will not apologize for it. I LOVE cheesecake! To tell you how much, I will pass up chocolate for it; that, my friends, is devotion! So yes, you could just cheat with regular cheesecake, but this is just as good and I have a lot less guilt cause I am not eating any gluten. Plus this is actually made with dextrose (ie pure glucose) and no fructose. You will probably be hard pressed to find pure dextrose at the grocery store. The best place to get it would be the local beer making supply store. You can literally buy 5 pounds of it for under $5.00. Dextrose is finer than regular sugar and is less sweet, but still works great to add some sweetness.
Gather Up For Crust*:
- about 1 cup of macadamia nuts (unsalted)
- about 1 cup of cashews (raw or roasted and unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon of butter, melted (not shown in pic)
- 1 tablespoon of dextrose
* note that hazelnuts would be great also (roast to remove skin) or walnuts. I encourage you to experiment!
Gather Up for Filling
- 2 – 8 ounce bricks of cream cheese (preferably from grassfed source or at least organic) – make sure these are at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of dextrose
- one teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
Put above crust ingredients into a food processor and mix until it comes out like a grainy paste. Next, make sure your paws are washed, and press mixture into the bottom of 12 paper muffin cups.
Rinse out the food processor and then put in ingredients for the filling. Mix thoroughly until creamy, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Once smooth, pour into the muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. You will know when they are done as they will turn slightly brown on the sides and may start to crack. Remove from oven, let cool, then place in the fridge for a couple of hours. These are best eaten when very cold. Happy cheating!!