Recipes posted a year ago:
In the past we have enjoyed a great chicken pot pie recipe, but of course the word “pie” generally insinuates some type of crust which often contains wheat. I suppose I could have made up my own crust from almond flour or another grain-free flour, but really lets be honest… I just like the filling. This is delicious and smells so good! You can use most any type of vegetables that you have on hand for this. “Think outside the recipe.”
- 2 pounds of chicken, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 to 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 to 3 cups of chicken broth (this depends on how “soupy” you want it)
- Various veggies, peeled and chopped. I have a sweet potato, mushrooms, carrots, peas, onion
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme (you can add any other spices you wish depending on the flavor you are looking for)
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour (or arrowroot powder) mixed with a tablespoon of water
Fry the chicken in coconut oil and cut into bite-size pieces. Boiling the chicken is also an option. In a large pot, melt butter. Add in minced garlic and the almond flour and stir. Pour in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Add in spices and tapioca flour/water mixture. Add veggies and let it boil to soften the veggies, about 10 minutes or so.
Once this is complete add in the chicken and serve!