Recipes posted a year ago:
Down at our local Farmer’s Market, I stumbled upon a booth where a kind lady was selling flavored olive oils and flavored balsamic vinegars. It’s as if the booth was calling my name! So many flavors to try that it was hard to settle on just one. I ended up getting some grapefruit balsamic vinegar and also a black cherry balsamic vinegar. Mixing up your salads with these different flavors can add some life back into your veggies. Here is the link to Navidis in case you want to purchase the oils and vinegars for yourself. They also have other seasonings and salts, but I have not tried those yet. Also at the market, I purchased a “salad basket” with all items edible, flowers and all!
- Some greens for your salad. I used the tasty lettuce, snow peas, flowers, etc from my salad basket
- Handful of strawberries, remove stems and chop
- Handful of black cherries, remove stems and pits, chop
- A couple of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbs black cherry balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp No-Salt Seasoning
- 2.5 tbs Olive oil or Homemade mayo
The amount you use depends on the number of people who will be eating the salad. The above is for one generous serving. Throw veggies into a bowl.
Mix up the balsamic vinegar, no-salt seasoning, and the olive oil or mayo. The mayo will make it more creamy which is my favorite.